BEL BREAKS A PERSONAL RECORD TODAY!!!
L and I went for the 2XU 15km Compression Run this morning @ Nicoll Highway.
Goodie bag was a disappointment; it makes the $48 less worthwhile, and I paid it with my own money! On the flipside, we ran around the premises of Singapore’s tourist attractions—Singapore Flyer, Suntec City, F1 Pit, Kallang River etc. Places that I would pass by while on Bus 14 and dream of running at but would never have the chance if not for this run!
It was a definite eye-opener since I’ve never run this route before hence every checkpoint was a fresh experience for me! There was an albino aunty who ran 15km with us and she was real solid, running and keeping up with our pace yet stopping to snap pictures. There were even middle-aged women who took pictures at the 2km mark (out of 15km/10km, mind you) like this was some adventure. *giggles*
We had to report at 6.30am. Check out the difference between dawn when we first came and daylight when we finished!
It was so awfully sunny and warm by the time we were halfway done, even at 8.30am! I met Jorene and Brandon at the beginning, and Ci Yi and Guo Dong halfway. How coincidental! It was later on that I found out that Nicholas (JS’s friend who went to the Ubin camp with him) saw me there too but I didn’t catch a glimpse of him.
For the first half of the run, L was the pacer. In the last half, I paced him! I received commendation from both GD & L for my endurance heehee! As compared to my first 12 km Passion Run, I could go about not stopping except at Hydration Points, nstead of wishing I can stop any minute. Kudos to Bel! ^^
Pace that we calculated was about 7min/km.
Aim: 6min/km for my next half marathon?
I had much to be thankful for:
- To my parents to be up early to prepare oatmeal for my breakfast and send us to Nicoll Highway;
- To my Bouncer who has served me faithfully throughout and not give me any pain even though I’ve not worn them for the whole of this year to train;
- To the weather for being so picture-perfectly sky clear;
- To my stomach for not acting up;
- To my knees who endured the whole run and not be unbearably painful from the constant friction(I suspect me to have runners knee, where worn cartilage in the knee joint reduces shock absorption);
- To L for being the only willing buddy to run 15 km with me;
I can safely say, half marathon is within my capability! At this moment in time, I feel geared for a half marathon! Any takers?
This is just a sunset I captured from the view from my home. Majestic.
>> Next on my shopping list is sport sunglasses with UV protection!
This run serves as a springboard for my 2kg weight loss program for the month of April (that I gained from the camps I led pfft)!